mi mundo de literatura

my world of literature...me, myself and I...

Friday, February 24, 2006

this is real cool..!!!

Dear journal…I’d like to share with you something that really had amused me…it was awesome!!!! Brilliant!!! I’d never thought that Shakespearean play would be as enjoyable as this!!! But of course this is not the classic play…hm…it is something new…It is sort of a modern Shakesperean play actually. At the beginning of the play, I can’t in point of fact understand what it was all about. The actors’ speech was in light speed. I was like listening to the sound of a bullet train. But not long after that, I began to adjust myself and able to enjoy the play. The trio was indeed very creative. They are some sort of genius!!! With limited props, they managed to carry out different characters form various plays such as the Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Othello, Ophelia, Titus and Andromieus, A Midsummer’s Night Dream and several others. Not only was I amazed with their performances, I do feel as if I was one of the audiences at that theatre. The trio actually get the audience to involve in their live performances. A girl was invited to play the role of Ophelia whom is dealing with conflicts and confusion. She need to scream and in order to help her to get into the mood, the trio instructed the rest of the audiences to be the ‘voice’ that will raise her mood. As the result, the girl screams all her heart out and she had really done it very well. It was actually like a mini acting workshop where you learn the skill in acting. Apart of that, the play became more interesting because the trio had conveyed it in various ways. While presenting the ‘Othello’, they actually sang a rap verse. It really was very appealing. In addition, the puppet show is also excellent. All in all, I really enjoy myself during this show. To me, they are actually presenting their very own interpretation of Shakespearean’s play. All in all, their performance was actually a masterpiece by itself. I’m looking forward to watch more of their shows in future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home