mi mundo de literatura

my world of literature...me, myself and I...

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

i am coming to 'the homecoming'...



My first theatre ( I mean, the first theatre that I got to watch =p )… On the 26th of March 2006, I went to watch one of Harold Pinter’s masterpieces which is ‘The Homecoming’. It really is a long journey before I could at last watch it live. The story goes like this.
“Once upon a time…there was a girl….bla…bla…bla…and she lives happily ever after.” =p Hehehe…Believe me, it is not that easy. Here goes the real adventure.
The theatre performance is held at Kuala Lumpur Performing Art Centre somewhere in Sentul. Gosh! None of us had been there before but we took the challenge to just go and find the place ourselves. After all, Syed had already told us how to get there and you know…it really isn’t that hard because the ‘mini-map’ he gave us was very simple. We only had to walk a little bit and board a cab and we’ll get there.
HOWEVER, that is not our lucky day. We took the wrong direction ( ‘The Road Not Taken’ ) and lost our way. We walked for about two solid hours without stop before finally reached at the right place. Luckily, there’s a very kind Indian man ( God bless you uncle!) lend his hand to help us. He called his friends and asked for the right way for us to get there. Plus, he sketched a simple map for us so that we won’t lost our way again. Finally, we arrived at the ‘final destination’. =) I was sweating all over. One of my beloved comrades had to put off her high-heels because her feet was aching after those long and tiring walk. Hehehe…guess who was that Cinderella? ;p
But to me, all the hustle and bustle wasn’t a waste at all. I enjoyed the play and the place itself. Okay, maybe some find that the play was not suitable for the Malaysian setting or whatsoever…but what I like about it was how the characters managed to carry out their role. They were fantastic. This is the first live theatre that I got to watch. So, I still couldn’t make any comparison whether this is a good play or not. I’m looking forward to watch more and more theatre in the future. Maybe, I’ll try to go to Istana Budaya after this to get a different experience. ( I missed the chance to watch Puteri Gunung Ledang you know…duhhh!!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home