mi mundo de literatura

my world of literature...me, myself and I...

Saturday, March 18, 2006

macbeth

Macbeth was another masterpiece inscribed by Shakespeare. To be honest, although it was told that this is a piece which shouldn’t be missed by anybody, I myself had never read it before…(hey! I’m being very frank here…). But after watching it last day, I really do think that this is a real superb piece.
I watched the movie with my friends. At first, it moved rather slow and can drive us to sleep. I’m wondering whether all the Shakespearian’s play did start with this kind of pace because all the play which I had watched before started with the same thing which I’m experiencing now…but anyway, there is a saying which goes, ‘slow and steady and you will win the race’. Dear, how low will it get this time…
But as the plot moves, my perception changed and I began to enjoy the play. Macbeth is a real tragedy. A woman can really be the source of a man’s success and also his downfall. In this play, Lady Macbeth had been portrayed as both the roles. She was the reason why Macbeth had been the warrior and she was,too, the reason why he had been a loser.
The long and dragging two hours of watching this movie is really tiring but somehow, I do not have any other choice do I? All in all, I do agree that this is a fantastic play. I marvel what would it be if this piece were to be filmed in this modern era with help of modern technologies. I do have a feeling that it would be a big success just like the great ‘Troy’. ‘King Arthur’ and so on. I’m hoping one of the best director in Hollywood will came across this idea and that I could one day sit in the cinema and watch another ‘Macbeth’… ( a more breath-taking one I hope) =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home